Pages

Labels

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

On Vacation

I have so much write about and so little time. I am currently on a vacation that includes several radio activities. I was in Santa Fe, NM over the last weekend and activated two 8 point SOTA summits. I was accompanied on the first one by Fred KT5X and John K1JD and learned a lot about portable operation and I mean portable. Fred's total weight for his rig, antenna, power supply, etc... comes in at 1.5 pounds.  Needless to say, I felt a little over-dressed.  I will tell you more later.

I am currently in the NE and am scheduled to try to activate a few summits in Thursday - Saturday in New Hampshire and Vermont, however the weather forecast doesn't look favorable. I will probably give it a try anyway. I am accompanied by my two grandsons, KF5GYD and KF5GYE, who have their general tickets. They are 11 and 13 respectively, so I will have factor them into the weather equation.

When I return, I will try to document these exploits more completely.

1 comment:

  1. Mike great to hear you are having a nice relaxing and radio filled vacation. Looking forward to the post's about it when you are back.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete